There’s a whole round of New Courses due to get started at Double Elephant very soon for the Spring Term. In the 2nd week of January there’s Screenprint evening classes (for Fabric or printing on Paper), Linocut evening classes and day time 5 week courses getting started, plus a number of one day courses.
We start the term off with gentle introductory courses to get you started then as we get into February there are more challenging courses interspersed between other easy, accessible forms of printmaking.
My particular courses starting in January are the 5 week afternoon Introduction to printmaking, Evening taster session for Drypoint, and a Drypoint and Chine Collè whole day emersion and a Monoprint Taster eve. The Intro to Print 5 weeks covers monoprint, drypoint, linocut and collagraph – which as a great way to discover which types of printmaking you are more drawn towards – or use as a general refresher to get yourself restarted, refreshed and familiarised with the Print Workshop at Double Elephant.
My colleague Jeremy Speck looks after most of the relief print workshops. And Esme Cooper is looking after most of the screenprint workshops this term. After the first 5 weeks of term there is a brief pause for half term, and then another batch of 5 and 6 week courses start up again. If taking part in the Introduction to Printmaking 5 weeks you find yourself leaning towards relief print, you might like to take things further with the A-Z of Linocutting mornings. Or if you find that intaglio work is more your thing, there is the 5 week course Exploring Intaglio afternoons with me. This can cover all sorts of intaglio work including drypoint, collagraph, etching, photo etching and more – depending on where your interests take you. There is also the improvers evening classes if you can’t get there during the daytime. And some weekend workshops too. Plus – more screenprint in the day time as well as evenings and some weekends.
The list below is just for the courses starting in January – take a look at the website for more information and workshops taking place in February and March.
For courses starting on the 9th and 11th of January – you NEED TO GET YOUR BOOKING IN QUICK! I’m only in the office for admin at Double Elephant on Wednesdays and on Wednesday the 3rd I need to confirm which actually have enough people to run. (Spaces available listed below is relevant at the end of December).
Monoprint and Intaglio with me
Relief print with Jeremy Speck
Screenprint with Esme Cooper
- Intro to Printmaking 5 week start Tues 9th, 2-5pm with Lynn – 5 spaces available
- Screenprint eves (paper) 5 week start Tues 9th, 6:30-9pm with Esme – 2 spaces available
- Linocut eves 5 week start Thurs 11th, 6:30-9pm with Jeremy – 5 spaces available
- Fabric screen eves 6 week Thurs 11th, 6:30-9pm with Esme – 2 spaces available
- Taster eve Monoprint Tues 16th, 6:30-9pm with Lynn – 6 spaces available
- Drypoint with Chine collè Sat 20th, 10am-4pm with Lynn – 5 spaces available
- Intro to Screen day (Paper stencils) Sat 20th, 10am-4pm with Esme – 1 space available
- Linocut in B&W Sun 21st, 10am-4pm with Jeremy – 5 spaces available
- Intro to Letterpress Thurs 25th, 10am-4pm with Jeremy – 4 spaces available
- Taster eve Drypoint Tues 30th, 6:30-9pm with Lynn – 8 spaces available